Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood X

"What though the radiance which was once so bright

Be not forever taken from my sight,

Though nothing can bring back the hour

Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;

Grief not, rather find,

Strength in what remains behind,

In the primal sympathy

Which having been must ever be,

In the soothing thoughts that spring

Out of Human suffering,

In the faith that looks through death

In years that bring philophic mind. "



Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood X ~William Wordsworth

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This is where it all begins...

Well I have joined the blogging world.  I think of this as my online diary for all to read!  It's a little scary knowing personal issues can be read all over the world!   Initially, I decided to create this blog so I could update my friends and family about recent events in my life.  After starting I decided that this would be much more.  I think I have a good story to share.  And in sharing my story I will be unraveling years of shame and misunderstanding.  I hope you find it interesting.  I also hope someone out there reads this story and it inspires them.   For me personally, it should be cathartic.  I feel comforted knowing others will be taking this journey with me.

It's been almost one month since I left for London to meet my biological family.  I feel more content today than before the trip.  I feel a sense of peace (and accomplishment!)  It's not a lot and life is far from perfect!  But, I feel different.  I see myself differently.  I see others differently.  I think it's a great thing.  Although my week has been trying, I feel as if I am still evolving, processing, changing and growing up.  It's been a crazy week with work schedules, kids and other family issues but I can handle it all.

It has been three weeks since I told my parents about my trip over to London.  I told them about finding my birth mother, brothers, birth father (and sister!)  I explained it, in an email, to give them space to feel it through and explained I wanted to further discuss in-person.  My calls to them have gone unanswered and not returned.  I have determined that they are pretty upset.  I spent some time with my brother a few days ago and he confirmed that they told him they would not be speaking with me.  They might feel as though I have replaced them.  Or they might be upset that I didn't share the news with them initially or tell them about the travel over to London prior to leaving. 

I feel a bit overwhelmed with the complexities of  "my family." It is daunting trying to put it all in place. x

No comments:

Post a Comment